Saturday 29 August 2015

moving

Oh my goodness, I am feeling a little *delicate* today... we had friends over for a big ol' end of summer dinner and of course we may, or may not, have drunk an unhealthy amount of gin and wine and beer and eaten enough food to cover several days' calorie intake... So today it has been cups-of-tea-and-no-sudden-movements and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I am thinking I am getting too old for this shit and then I think nah, not too old at all, just out of practice. Anyway in order to accommodate everyone in relative comfort we swapped our sitting room and dining room around. And yes, we did it fifteen minutes before our first friends arrived and yes, some bad words might have been said and there was a definite sheen of sweat on my brow as a result of hurried, harried table setting (never set a table under pressure, it's so unladylike). So today, post Apocalypse, I am enjoying the fact that our sofa and chairs are in the dining room and I'm liking the look of them there and anyway there's no way I'm hoicking them around, that's a step too far for my delicate constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment