Tuesday 7 April 2015

April reading


Hugo, who is twelve, does a lot of reading. It's hard to keep up with him. He likes a wide variety of books but they have to be exciting, have complicated plots, a bit of gore and preferably be fat and in a series. I had read a lovely review of The Letter for the King on EmilyBooks and I thought of Hugo.

But then I thought of me. 

And I'm so glad I did. It's my book for April for Circle of Pine Trees The Year in Books. Imagine you are 16 and are on the cusp of becoming a knight. Imagine you are suddenly called on a quest. A secret quest to deliver a letter, the contents of which you do not know. Enemies are all around you. Who can you trust? How far will you go to deliver this letter? How long will your courage hold? It's such a different book to my last one (The Light Years, which I loved and, like Hugo, I'm delighted it's in a series!) but I have to say I'm gripped and look forward to it each evening when the household quiets and stills and medieval life and chivalry take over.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I'm so delighted you discovered it on my blog - and what an excellent contrast to The Light Years. A different kind of chivalry altogether... keep enjoying! Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, certainly enjoying it and then will hand it on to Hugo...

      Delete