Tuesday 3 March 2015

spring reading

The calendar tells me it's early March, the beginning of Spring. I happen to know otherwise. It's still very cold and wintry here and with snow showers and blustery wind it's hard to believe Spring has come. These days I am never very far away from a pot of tea. I warm my hands around a favourite cup and there's gingerbread too. Of course a new month means a new book as part of Laura's The Year in Books. This time it's The Light Years by Elizabeth Jane Howard. The first in a series it follows the Cazalet family just as the world stands on the cusp of war. I'm looking forward to starting it and if the weather continues its wintry ways I think some fireside reading will be time well spent.

4 comments:

  1. Not seen this set of books before Claire. Popped over to Amazon to have a look at the right up and I think it's definitely a series I would read. Have added to the ever growing wish list. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitzi I started it the other evening and am really enjoying it so far! Know what you mean about wish lists....mine is ever growing!

      Delete
  2. I have seen this series pop up again and again in blog land and I think I will really have to start exploring it, too. It is howling a gale here, Spring seems a dream away but we've had a few glimpses now and then. Happy reading. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it in blog land for a bit too and the fact that there's more than one is good! We've had the same not-quite-Spring weather here (or do I mean exactly like Spring...) - perfect for reading though!

      Delete