Tuesday 15 April 2014

out walking











This week I have been walking the quiet roads, often just as the sun has risen, when all is calm. There have been mornings of sunshine with clear blue skies and other mornings of low lying mist and frost on the grass. The blackthorn is flowering, the cattle are out in the fields and there is peace in this corner of the world. I relish the complete lack of human noise. It has taken me a long time to realise that I prefer to walk alone (well, with dogs) certainly without a squabble of children but also without husband or other walking companions. Is that wrong? No, I don't think so. It means I appreciate my time alone, it means I come back into the breakfast scrum with good humour, it means I get to see the small, everyday scenes of beauty all around which helps me to connect with this amazing earth we live on, it means I plan my day or week without interruption, it means I write long, complicated letters in my head to people who have really pissed me off, it means my heart beats faster, it means my lungs fill with morning air. It means everything.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics Claire, looks peaceful indeed.

    ReplyDelete