Sunday 14 October 2012

gentleman dreamer brooch - miniature embroidery artwork
Things have been a bit bleugh, a bit tedious, a bit yawn. By 'things' I mean life. The past few weeks have passed in a flurry of chores- domestic and work- and we've been dancing the merry dance but we'd like to get off the merry-go-round now, if it's all the same to you. We'd like the chance to rest, to draw the curtains against the darkening night skies without feeling that there are still too many jobs on the 'to do' list. I've been reading Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell. It's wonderful- genteel old ladies who have new caps with ribbons made for important occasions, who play cards and go visiting, who eat delicate slices of bread and butter.... Oh, to be a Cranford lady! I hope my gentleman caller looks as dashing as the moustached and top hatted fellow made by Cathy CullisOf course I know what separates me and those Cranford ladies - reliable and cheerful servants. So could all volunteers form an orderly queue beside my gentleman caller and interviews will begin in haste. I wonder if Cathy Cullis could stitch me a reliable cook?
season of memories - embroidery artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment